Everyone knows how important it is to eat healthy, but it can be a little more expensive. A recent article on My Healthy News Daily suggests some tips for eating healthy without breaking your bank account!
1. Plan ahead
2. Stick to your grocery list
3. Compare prices by the “unit price” (cost per ounce, etc)
4. Use coupons
5. Look around for the grocery store in your area with the best prices
6. Don’t have brand-name tunnel vision
7. Buy non-perishable items in bulk
8. Buy what’s in season
9. Buy frozen or canned fruit to save money
10. Avoid pre-cut, pre-washed or ready-to-eat vegetables; they are more expensive
11. Save left-overs
12. Go easy on the meat
Implement these simple tips, and you can eat healthier and save money!